Solitaire Games → Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar, 2nd Printing
Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar, 2nd Printing
- 17”x22” mounted board.
- 76 playing cards.
- Over180 wooden pieces—
- 3 15mm dia. X 20mm high cylinders (embossed)
- 8 15mm dia. X 10mm high cylinders (embossed)
- 38 15mm dia. X 4mm high discs
- 105 10mm X 10mm octagonal cylinders (embossed)
- 12 9mm cubes
- 11 15mm x 15mm X 8mm blocks
- 12 small pawns.
- 5 5x7” Available Forces displays.
- 4 Faction player aid foldouts.
- 2 Non-Player foldouts.
- 2 Sequence of Play and Germanic Tribes sheets.
- A sheet of markers.
- 4 plastic 6-sided dice.
- Play book.
- Rule book.
- Sample Playtest Map and Counters - Game Setup
- Sample Gameplay: Caesar Returns to Belgica
- Consimworld Discussion Forum
- Articles on Falling Sky in InsideGMT:
- Falling Sky: The Anatomy of a P500 Addition, by Gene Billingsley
- What Do You Want to Know About Falling Sky?, by Gene Billingsley
- Rendering Caesar's COIN (Part 1), by Volko and Andrew Ruhnke
- Rendering Caesar's COIN (Part 2), by Volko and Andrew Ruhnke
- COIN Series Falling Sky: Roman Strategy, by Volko Ruhnke
- COIN Series Falling Sky: Arverni Strategy, by Volko Ruhnke
- Falling Sky Tactics: Roman Scout, by Volko and Andrew Ruhnke
- COIN Series Falling Sky: Aedui Strategy, by Volko Ruhnke
- Falling Sky: The Gallic Ways of War, by Volko Ruhnke
- COIN Series Falling Sky: Belgic Strategy, by Volko Ruhnke
- Falling Sky: Dramatis Personae, by Volko Ruhnke
- Falling Sky: Politics in Gaul, by Volko Ruhnke
DESIGNER: Andrew Ruhnke &s; Volko Ruhnke
DEVELOPER: Mike Bertucelli
ART DIRECTOR: Rodger B. MacGowan
CARDS & COUNTER ART: Mark Simonitch
MAP ART: Chechu Nieto Sanchez
PRODUCERS: Tony Curtis, Gene Billingsley, Andy Lewis, Mark Simonitch, Rodger B. MacGowan
|Regular Price: $80.00
P500 Price: $55.00
All Gaul …
Late Summer, 54 BC: In a series of brilliant and brutal campaigns, Caesar has seized Gaul for Rome. But not all tribes rest subdued. In the north, the Belgic leader Ambiorix springs a trap on unwary legions while Caesar is away. In the south, an ambitious son of the Arverni seeks to unite a Celtic confederation in revolt against the hated Romans. And what of the influential Aedui? Their republic appears content to shelter under Roman protection – but can they be trusted any further than any other Gauls? Meanwhile, along the Rhine, Germanic warbands multiply. …
FALLING SKY takes 1 to 4 players into the military actions and complex politics of Roman-occupied but not-yet-conquered Gaul. Caesar and his hard-hitting legions cannot be everywhere and will not triumph without powerful allies among local tribes. But each Gallic confederation has its own agenda and must keep its eyes not only on the Romans but also on Celtic, Belgic, and Germanic rivals. Players recruit forces, rally allies, husband resources for war, and balance dispersed action with the effectiveness and risk of concentrated battle.
Leveraging GMT’s popular COIN Series system to integrate historical events with wide-ranging strategic options across the gameboard, FALLING SKY provides accessible and deep historical gaming of war, politics, and diplomacy. A full solitaire system enables solo players to test their skill against an array of game-run factions, each unique. From Britannia to the Rhenus and down to Narbonensis, armies are on the move. Who shall finally subdue Gaul?
||1 year per campaign (15 cards)
||Area Movement in Gaul
|NUMBER OF PLAYERS